Fancy a good “Cup of Joe”? Need your caffeine kick every morning when the sun rises? Have the percolator running for those long working hours or study sessions, to keep the mind alert? Or occasionally treat yourself to a fabulous caffeinated drink, whether it’s a Café Latte, Cappuccino, Espresso, Flat White, Long Black or any other coffee bean blend.
As a creative, my kettle is always ready to boil, the percolator at the ready for those long writing or design sessions. The pantry, always stocked with various coffee blends and flavours. As a cyclist and runner, a little caffeine kick on the go is often part of my ride or run. The added protein to the “Coffee Freezo Protein Magic” makes it an ideal beverage for an athlete. If you’re not an athlete, this lovely Freezo can also be enjoyed if you did not have time to prepare a traditional breakfast, and you need something on the go. Tasty and filling!
- 1.5 Cups of Ice
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 Scoops Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder
Place all the ingredients in a blender, hit the start button, blend, and enjoy!
Benefits of Coffee
Just a quick list of the benefits of glorious coffee:
- Improve energy levels and brain function
- Caffeine aid in fat burning
- Can improve physical performance
- Contains nutrients such as; Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), Manganese and potassium, Magnesium and niacin (vitamin B3)
- May lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Protect you from Altzheimers and Dementia
- Lower your risk of Parkinson’s
- Protect your liver
- Fight depression and make you happier
- Lower the risk of certain types of cancer
- Lower stroke risk and does not cause heart disease
- Biggest Source of Antioxidants in the Western Diet
Have a busy day, this is the ideal way to start it!
Before making and digesting this lovely smoothie, please make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Until next time, REBEL greetings!