Quick and easy to make! Savoury Egg Muffins On The Go! Enjoy them as a snack or add a healthy green salad, and it becomes a light meal. Variety is the spice of life! Jazz things up by creating variations; see suggestions to chop and change the ingredients.
Having a busy work schedule, these Savoury Egg Muffins are perfect for me to make and refrigerate or freeze. They are also fab for; breakfast, in lunch boxes, served as part of a light meal, picnics or when the girls pop over for a chat session.
Prep Time 5 mins • Cook Time 20 mins • Total Time 25 mins • Serving 12
- 12 eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or fresh herbs
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 100 g cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions
How To Make Savoury Egg Muffins
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, dry mustard powder, and pepper. The cream will help fluff up the eggs, creating a fluffier Savoury Egg Muffin.
- Grease muffin tin with cooking spray or olive oil. You don’t want your Savoury Egg Muffins to stick!
- Divide the bacon, cheese, and green onions between the cups and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set. They’ll puff up and will sink down a bit once they cool.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days.
These are suggestions for variations, but the options are endless. Be creative and jazz up your Savoury Egg Muffins to tantalise your tastebuds.
- Veggies – Spinach, Bell Peppers, Peppadew Peppers, Mushrooms, or Jalapeños for a bit of zing
- Cheese – Replace Cheddar Cheese with Feta or Mozzarella Cheese
- Meat – Diced Ham or Chorizo
Can You Freeze Savoury Egg Muffins?
Make a batch of the recipe in advance and freeze them for up to a month.
- To freeze allow your Savoury Egg Muffins to cool completely. Place them in a zip freezer bag and label before freezing.
- To reheat Savoury Egg Muffins, place them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds from fresh or 1-1 ½ minutes from frozen.
Be sure that when you make the Savoury Egg Muffins that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. Enjoy!
Artwork by Luculle Stols – @real.life.rebel on Instagram