What is Manuscript Critique?
Manuscript critique is a process that interrogates the quality and consistency of a raw manuscript from an informed perspective. It focuses on the; structural strengths, weaknesses, inconsistencies, poor flow in the storyline, character flaws, lack of worldbuilding, and more. The manuscript is read cover to cover. The writer or author receives constructive and neutral feedback. It provides clear and actionable recommendations covering in detail the following areas:
- Opening Scene
- Characterisation and Motivation
- Plot and Conflict
- Setting and Worldbuilding
- Overall Impression of the work of art
- Suggested improvements on mentioned points
Manuscript Critique Service
- Book-length fiction, short stories and novels
- YA and middle-grade fiction
What You’ll Submit
- Your completed or partially completed manuscript
- Description and summary of the manuscript
- Brief, not more than a one-page statement, outlining your revision goals
What You’ll Get
- A line-edited manuscript, along with a detailed editorial letter/feedback report.
- Line edits will focus on strengthening the manuscript on a sentence level.
- The editorial letter/feedback report will outline the strengths and weaknesses of the current manuscript, offer specific suggestions for a revision strategy, and recommend a publishing strategy for the revised work.
- The goal of an edit is to shape the existing potential of the project. This is achieved in close collaboration with the writer or author.
- This critique also includes a conversation, up to 30 minutes, regarding the work, via Zoom.
- Each writing project is unique, and so too is the revision process. Working closely with the writer or author will lead to the strongest, most accomplished manuscript possible.
Manuscript critique consists of a flat base price plus a per-word fee.
- US$ 250 (base price) + US$ 0,02 per word
- Up to 10K words: 1 week
- Up to 50K words: 3 weeks
- Up to 100K words: 6 weeks
How does it work?
- Order: Complete the ORDER form in full and submit it.
- Order Acknowledgement: Real Life REBEL℠ will acknowledge receipt of your order form.
- Invoice: You will receive an invoice for payment from Real Life REBEL℠ via email.
- Pay: Pay the invoice on PayPal or Payoneer.
- Submit: Submit your manuscript to Real Life REBEL℠ together with your proof of payment, for processing.
- Feedback: Receive your Real Life REBEL℠ Manuscript Critique Feedback Report, and edited and noted manuscript. Conveniently schedule your 30-minute project discussion, regarding the work, via Zoom.
Let’s polish your work of art! Book your Manuscript Critique today!
‘Very thorough and very professional. I will absolutely be using her again. Highly recommended.’ – Manuscript Critique, Historical Fiction, 65K Word Novel, Chris (Author – USA)
‘Excellent experience. Very helpful, focused, professional feedback. I would recommend this and will happily book this service again.’ – Manuscript Critique, Women’s Fiction, 77K Word Novel, Cass (Author – Canada)
‘Very professional. Love the suggestions she gave. I’m implementing them into the project. I will work with her again.’ – Manuscript Critique, Crime Fiction, Short Story, Sandy (Author – USA)
At your Service!
Let’s see how we can help you. Fill out the order form below, in detail, and we will get back to you within 48 hours!
If you have questions about the Real Life REBEL℠ manuscript critique service, write us a note. We will get back to you within 48 hours!